Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Spirited Away 2: Back Again to the Spirit World

“Promise, we will meet again someday”. I still remember the promise that Haku and I made before I left the Spirit World. It has been already 8 years since I was in the Spirit World, but I have never forgotten a single moment that I had spent there. I often dream that I ride the Spirit World’s train and arrive in Spirit World, meeting my friends again, but everything gets out of my sight as I wake up from my sleep. Back to just an ordinary day…


“Chihiro! Wait up!" I turned around as Gawaku – my best friend at Uni – shouted.

“Hey Gawaku. What’s up?” I replied with a smile.

“Are you free now?” He asked.

“Yes, I just had a boring lecture and on my way home. Why?” I hid a yawn behind my hand.

“Great! I’m free too. Do you want to go somewhere?”

“Sure, then let’s go to the beach! I really wanted to go since last week.” I said with excitement.

We arrived at the beach near our school. The sunset glow was spread out over the evening sky. As I looked up to the sky, it brought me back to the memories in Spirit World.

“What are you thinking about, Chihiro?” said Gawaku.

“Just my past memories, when I was young.” I kept looking up at the red sky.

”But you won’t believe me if I tell you what I’m thinking about.” I smiled at Gawaku.

“Tell me!! What is it about?” Gawaku always never give up until his curiosity is completely satisfied, but this time I kept silent.

“I will tell you someday. Well! We gotta go now. My mum will kill me if I don’t get home before it is dark.”

“Okay, but you have to tell me tomorrow!” He still looked very curious about it.

We took the train near the beach. At the platform, there were a few people waiting for the train. When it arrived, nobody was boarding on, but us. It seemed so strange, but I had no time to make a decision whether I should get off this train or not, because I was so late!

A few minutes later, I realised that the train was going an odd way. Gawaku and I were a bit frightened. I looked around, but there was a black object that caught my eye at the corner.

“Gawaku, what’s that at the corner?”

“I don’t know. It looks like a person, but strange…..” Gawaku went near to the object.

“Wh…wha…what was that?” His voice was slightly shaking.

Then I went near, but I smiled. It was No-Face!! I was so astonished meeting him again.

“Long time no see No-Face. Really nice to meet you again. And Gawaku, don't worry. He is just my friend from…” I couldn't continue to say that No-Face was from the Spirit World.

“From where?” Gawaku asked.

“From the Spirit World. You know yesterday, what I didn't tell you about. This is it.”

“Spirit what? Spirit World?”

Suddenly, the train stopped after Gawaku spoke. And then No-Face got off the train and we followed. I realised that the train was from the Spirit World and I couldn't believe where I was. As I pinched my cheek to check whether I was dreaming or not, but it hurt. I wasn’t dreaming.

The train stopped where Jeniba house is. No-Face, Gawaku and I went to Jeniba’s house. When Jeniba opened the door, she hugged me as soon as she saw that it was me.

“Sen!! How did you get here? And who is he? No-Face, how come you are with Sen?” Jeniba asked a lot of questions, and seemed to be unexpected to see me again.

We talked about my Human World and Jeniba told me many stories about happenings after I left the Spirit World.

“Sen. I think I know why you could come to the Spirit World again. The Lucky Hair Band that your friend made for you. It wasn’t just only for luck. It was actually the key for entering the Spirit World.”

After having conversation, and saying good-bye to Jeniba, we three went to the Theme Park to see my friends and of course Haku.

Yubaba was standing at the front gate talking with Frog. When they saw me, they were so shocked that they could not continue their conversation.

Yubaba welcomed me and also threw a party for me. Gawaku was speechless ever since he got off from the train.

I met everyone that I missed. Lin, Mr Kamaji and even Yubaba’s baby.

However, Haku did not appear at the party. I couldn’t find him anywhere. I felt something great was missing because he wasn’t there.

“Mr Kamaji, have you seen Haku?”

“No Sen. A few years ago, Haku told me that he will search for his path as he found out his real name, but he just left without the word.” Mr Kamaji was also missing Haku.

I decided to get ready to go since it felt that it was time to leave.

“Everyone, thanks for welcoming me but I should go back to my world. It is sad to say goodbye to you guys. I will come again someday.” I wiped my tears.

Yubaba, Lin, Mr Kamaji and No-Face saw us off at the station.

Few minutes later, we arrived at the place we got on. I could not get out of my mind the fact that I did not see Haku again at the Spirit World.

“Gawaku, this is what I was thinking about yesterday at the beach. I couldn't tell you this because I know that you won’t believe me unless you see. But now, I can tell you.” said I, still wiping my tears.

“Sen, it was a surprising for me but thanks for showing me the wonderful world.” said Gawaku.

“By the way Sen, it was such an enormous day for me today. For that, I would like to introduce my new friend from the Spirit World.” He pointed at himself with his finger and then continued.

“Say hello to your new friend, Haku. Nigihayami Kohaku Nushi.”

6 comments:

  1. Spirited Away :), i watched this for Japanese class once, very good film, tried reading the book in japanese...didnt really work :) but i like your version of this. There are some grammatical errors, like the placement of articles such as "a" and "the" :) but other than that great stuff.

    ________
    Can others please comment my blog?lol i know im not in your group but my infamous group 6 (Yes wev all herd Frank rave about us in class) is M.I.A and so im the lonely blogger in group 6. would appreciate some comments :).
    Cheers x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I watched Spirited Away about 2-3 times long time ago.It's a interested and instructive animation.I felt suprised when you post your fanfiction, I watched it and I though the second edition of Spirited Away came out;) It is a great version what you have written.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the feedback on my fanfic!

    At the first draft, my fanfic was over 1000 words, so I had to cut some of the parts. But, hope you guys get the story (especially the last part).

    I really appreciate that you guys enjoyed reading it :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. “Spirited Away” nice story.I watched the film 5 times. But still not enough, because, i love this story.
    This story tell us about growing up, and finding ourselves. Also important is the beautiful exterior is often fraught with danger.
    I love Hayao Miyazak's film. His amazing drawing skills, entertaining plots, and well-rounded characters have made timeless masterpieces out of films such as"Spirited Away" “Princess Mononoke” and “My Neighbor Totoro.”However, the version you write is also very appealing to me。

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is still looking a little too long for me even you've cut it down.@@ lol
    nah, quite a nice story yewon. It's like the real after version of Spirited Away even though I've never watched it. XD
    Good jop. =)

    ReplyDelete
  6. It is a very interesting story but I wonder if there are some part missing at the in of the story. It seems Chihiro has met Haku at the end of the story. But it is too suddenly and made me confuse.

    I also think Gawaku, Chihiro's friend in modern world, should call her "Chihiro" instead of "Sen", even they have visited the Spirit World.

    ReplyDelete